Saturday, September 12, 2009

things

We met with out minister yesterday. We talked about everything that could possibly be included in a ceremony and which things we could have or not have and there are many decisions that we need to make about those types of things. but not yet.

We now have wineglasses from craigslist to go with our champagne glasses. We had a wonderful save the date making party with most of the wedding party, and we've almost booked a photographer.

PHOTOGRAPHY IS SO EXPENSIVE. but we found one that will fit our budget! Her photos are lovely and she seems very sweet. Hopefully we'll get to meet her soon! If you're in southern CA, you should check out voirvenir.com!

We bought our guest books. They're vintage scrapbooks from the mid 19th century. We're having two - one at the ceremony and one at the dinner reception. The ceremony one is for most of the people we're inviting, but the reception one is for just our family (because they're the only one's invited to the dinner reception). At the dinner reception, we are going to have an instant camera and glue and pens set up so that each couple, person, group, or whatever, can decorate their own page of the guest book, put a picture of them from that night in their spot, and give us a wonderful memory!

Casey and i are so sick of college. But we graduate this semester! I am trying so hard not to be a negative nancy about going to school but it's very hard.

And we've been engaged for almost FIVE MONTHS. isn't that crazy!? It doesn't feel like it has been that long.

We've been collecting vintage unused stamps to put on our invitation envelopes. Hopefully we'll get enough soon enough! We obviously don't want to pay anything higher than face value for them but if you're lucky on ebay and at yardsales, you can get them for less than face value and save money on postage AND have cool looking stamps! win-win situation if you ask me.

1 comment:

  1. Natalie...

    Wow. I had a lot happen at the endish of last year and I completely forgot about the blogging world... and that giveaway! I AM SO SORRY!! You can still totally have a banner and buttons and whatever you want. lol Send me an e-mail and we can get going!

    sara.anne.hill@gmail.com

    PS: Totaly random... don't you two attend The Rock Community Church in YL, CA?? I'm pretty sure I know who you are! lol You probably don't know me though... I'm on staff there. I do graphics and a hodgepodge of other things. I'm pretty sure I've seen you up on stage on the weekends, and in the Rooted Band. Let me know! We can meet in person if I'm not crazy & wrong. If by some chance I've got the wrong person... sorry! Totally not trying to freak you out... :)

    Hope to hear from you soon!

    Sara Hill

    ReplyDelete